Evening eKa Circle,
Tonight’s Conscious Unity discussion was on forgiveness- especially leaning into self forgiveness. It can be difficult. So much “unlearning” to do.
Forgiveness is often defined as a deliberated decision to let go of feelings of anger. Strangely we are the harshest critics of ourselves. We touched briefly on the dark side of self forgiveness as many hold this subconsciously as a type of crutch, producing a type of “moral righteousness.” All of this takes deep internal recognition and reflection. It often is rooted in guilt and shame.
So what helps?
9 Tips to work on self forgiveness:
1. Remember mistakes are learning curves.
2. Give yourself permission to process.
3. Own the mistake.
4. Challenge yourself,
5. Call yourself out.
6. Taste your own medicine.
7. Turn off negative thoughts where possible.
8. Feel all your feelings.
9. Talk to someone neutral.
Forgiving self is important for mental health and well being. Staying in a state of mindfulness helps one shift into a better mindset. Balance forgiveness with healthy boundaries and self care – choose to look after yourself.The path of forgiveness reveals compassion and empathy.
Forgiveness is indeed strong medicine. In the eKa Circle Pathways program it would be the feeling behind forgiveness that I would look for in order to identify the core root issue. Lets dispel some myths about what forgiveness isn’t though.
Forgiveness is not:
* a feeling-it is a choice
* repeating the same behaviours
* trusting divine judgement
* surrender of revenge
* the cutting of energetic chords that keep YOU bound to a person in a lower frequency state
* implementing boundaries
* reflection on the lesson
* freedom and healing
* love in action
5 Tips to action forgiveness with another:
1. Express yourself, find your voice.
2. Look for the positive- journal to release it.
3. Cultivate empathy- you don’t need to agree with the action; try to see the others perspective.
4. Protect yourself- move on.
5. Get help if you need it.
6. Move the emotion out in a safe way, replace it with love and compassion.
Forgiveness is the journey of the heart and what we bounce. So much ‘spills out’ of us when we are unforgiving to ourselves. Summed up beautifully in the Fathers prayer “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” Matt 6:14 This is Christ consciousness. Forgive self, forgive others. The foundation of this journey is love and trust in divinity.
love & light
M + E
* The topic of epigentics may also interest you if you are looking at forgiveness.
You must log in to post a comment.