Hey eKa CIRCLE
Many of you now may be understanding the relationship of gut health to mental health but you may not yet have looked at the vegus nerve and how it is integral to ALL health. Studies have now linked vegus nerve dysfunction to obesity, chronic inflammation, depression, seizures, abnormally low heart rate, fainting and GI issues. I’d like to offer some tips on how to heal this integral nerve using some very simple techniques. None of this knowledge is new- the ancients knew all of it.
First and foremostly you are an electrical being.
The vegus nerve is the largest of the cranial nerves which controls your inner nervous system (your electrical tree), recent research has revealed it may be the key to fighting chronic inflammation, which means a LOT of disease; some say maybe ALL disease. Surely that cannot be overlooked! There is a direct link to the vegus nerve and childhood trauma. Unresolved trauma leaves some in a perpetual fight or flight mode. For others it manifest as the body shutting down. If you or another is struggling with this you may want to look at the polyvagal theory.
What does the vegus nerve do?
- prevents inflammation
- makes memories
- helps you to breath
- activates the feel good chemicals- endorphins,dopamine, oxytocin, nitric oxide
- controls your heart rate
- initiates relaxation after stress
- allows your gut to talk to your brain
Here are some things you can do to strengthen your vagus nerve:
- alternate nostril breathing
- being quiet
- cold showers
- connect with nature
- eat a whole foods diet
- hands on energy work
- apply cold compresses to the face and the back of the neck
- compliment others
- diaphramic breathing the slower the better
- have an attitude of gratitude, saying thank you
- hum or sing OM
- laugh and giggle
- pray for your own healing and for the healing of others that includes those that have hurt you
- take probiotics and eat probiotic foods
- talk to people that lift your spirits up
- expose your skin to sunlight
- listen to healing music
- exercise and movement
Mind body therapies work with the vegus nerve to assist you in finding balance. Through a process of self study you can learn strategies that help you restore to a sense of safety and heal from trauma.
You may be starting to notice now that many of the suggestions heal other areas of your body and mind. This is why it must be a lifestyle change not a quick fix for a crisis. See if you can implement three new things each week and you will quickly get to creating great new healing habits. Plug into God’s lifeforce- the tree of life.
I am not an expert I am just a Spirit whisperer and listener.
love & light
M + E
You must log in to post a comment.