Hello eKa CIRCLE,
So what is colour therapy? Sometimes referred to as chromotherapy. It is another alternate therapy you may be interested in looking at. Once again it is ancient knowledge that uses colour and light to balance the bodies energy centres. It should be no surprise that colour affects our moods and our energy. Ancient egypt used sun activated solarium rooms with coloured glass for this therapeutic process. When you consider you are in fact a light body it is no wonder that the 7 colours of fractal light make such an impact.
Here is the breakdown of the colour wheel and the things they help with:
- Red- increases physical energy, stamina, grounding, spontaneity, stability and passion.
- Orange- stimulates creativity, productivity, pleasure, optimism, enthusiasm, emotional expression.
- Yellow- increases fun, humour, lightness, personal power, intellect, logic and creativity.
- Green- supports balance, harmony, love, social, nature and acceptance.
- Blue- increases calmness, communication, honesty, self expression, appreciation of beauty.
- Indigo- stimulates self responsibility, inner strength, creative visualisation, calmness and conducting the Spirit.
- Violet- increases intuition, imagination, self-knowledge, meditation, artistic qualities.
The intuitive person may notice the link of these colours with the chakra energy wheels and the colours of the rainbow. So have a quick scan of where you feel you may be lacking and try adjusting the colour into your life in subtle ways. It can be as simple as using a coloured light, a coloured scarf in meditation over the eyes, introduction of that coloured clothing or decor in your space. Even introducing foods from these food groups will assist with this. It is by no means accidental that most natural fruit and vegetables fit into this rainbow colour spectrum.Try creating artworks in the colours you are drawn to. Any way you can introduce the colour will help you resonate with it.
I use silk scarf colour therapy in some sessions for eka circle. Usually I ask the client what colour they are drawn to and they always have the answer. I simply drape that colour over the eyes while using led light therapy. I try to focus on that particular chakra colour more with that frequency in sound healing.
Colour has certain physiological and biological effects on people. An example would be using light therapy to treat seasonal affective disorder, a type of depression that is more common in winter. It is no secret to advertisers or big business that colour is an influencer. Using colour therapy can assist lifting your moods, calm anxiety and add some peace. I think in the west it is time for some colour; we have struggled in our grey and beige palette with fluorescent lighting and suffered through it in a somewhat depressed state. It is time to lift our game.
love & light
M + E
You must log in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.