Hello eKa CIRCLE
It’s just after 12 midday here and we are boarding a train bound to beautiful Venice.
I (M) have just finished a huge green juice made from fresh local greens, a tad bitter in a good way and felt so good chasing down my very strong Italian espresso. As I look around I wonder to myself how are the Italians so thin and healthy- seemingly breaking all of the “modern day rules” to healthy eating and lifestyle? They are renowned for living long healthy lives.
I think I have to put it down to a few simple things I have observed in my short time here.
- Food is revered. Pride is taken in presentation, tradition is valued, freshness is expected. Restaurants and stores are owned by families as opposed to big business and passed down the generations to carry on the good name and reputation.
- Time is taken to sit down and enjoy food together. None of this eating a protein bar on the run here. You see women gathering to chat in the middle of the day with picnic spreads in the local parks, families enjoying their packed lunches for train travel. Even late at night you see families and friends gathering to eat together. OOH did I say eat late at night?? Yes I did!
- Simple food tastes great when fresh ingredients are used. Fresh bread with the best olive oil and balsamic vinegar is amazing! There appears to be no fear toward carb loading here that I’ve noticed. Which brings me to a very important point with regard to food- which is life for us…do we eat with love or do we eat with fear? Surely to prepare food in love, to serve food in love and to receive food in love all has an impact?
- Wine, black coffee and good quality olive oil in moderation is an everyday thing. Are you moderate in what you eat and drink?
- Good old fashioned walking is encouraged. Eat well, move well, love well. Seems simple right? It is!
- You are what you eat- so eat fresh, eat with love, eat for life, eat together.
light & love
You must log in to post a comment.