Good afternoon eKa CIRCLE,
Today we would love to share a very simple tip for stress relief, insomnia, pain relief and overall health and wellbeing. This is an almost ridiculously simple concept called the 4-7-8 technique, it is attributed to Dr Andrew Weil MD and it is taken from an ancient Indian practice called “pranayama” which means “regulation of breathe”. Our eKa philosophy is to share ancient ways that are simple, natural and cost-effective to bring about optimum health and well-being. This is one such gift of wisdom that can be so simply implemented to show almost immediate change.
“I AM going to put breathe in you and make you live again.” Ezekial
To breathe well is to let stress go, it alters the state of consciousness, ushers in an effective detox as deep breathing encourages a fast removal of carbon dioxide. It alters the state of our PH balance and carbon dioxide levels.
Breathing this way takes one to a meditative state, assists with pain relief, stress relief and allows you to quieten your mind.
*Although you can do the exercise in any position, it is recommended to sit up straight
* Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth and keep it there through the entire exercise
* Exhale completely through your mouth
* Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a count of 4
* Hold your breath for a count of 7
* Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of 8
* Inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths
Practise twice a day with some calming meditative music until it becomes your new normal
love and light
M + E
You must log in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.